Wednesday 6 November 2013

Heart-to-Heart With ADA DIKE


AdvisorAda Dike


Should I go out with my girlfriend’s boyfriend?
Dear Ada,
I am an ardent reader of your column on relationship and I quite appreciate the good work you are doing.
 I grew up in the same compound with a lady who happens to be my age mate and
close friend. In fact, many people call us twins because we are all always together.
She has a boyfriend whom she confided in me that they will soon marry, but what baffled me is that, that same guy is asking me out. He is handsome and rich. I was confused when he approached so I asked him to give me some time to think about it and I have been reluctant to reveal it to my girlfriend that is why I decided to seek advice from you. Should I date him?
Jenny
Model has nothing to do with any of these stories


Hello Jenny,
Please don’t go out with your girlfriend’s boyfriend because she won’t be happy with you if she hears that you betrayed the trust she has for you.
These days, some men tempt their girlfriend’s female friends without feeling guilty. It is wrong because no one would be happy to hear that your close friend is dating your friend. Tell him that you are not interesting in dating him and ensure that nothing brings two of you together so that he won’t seduce you with money or gifts. Some men are die-hards and don’t take ‘no’ for an answer when they approach a lady due to ego. So, they go to any length to get any lady they are interesting in having. There is a tendency that such men will do same to their wives’ female friends and they would kill any of their friends that comes close to their wives.
 It is a funny world so, act wisely. If he is not satisfied with your friend, let him go elsewhere and look for a girl instead of coming to you which will hurt your friend if she finds out that he is going out with you.
 ----------------------------

I am tired of being single
Dear Ada,
I am a 45-year-old lady working in a reputable organisation. I was dating a man in early 2000 before we parted ways due to family issues. Since then, I have been on my own without a boyfriend.
It is now affecting me in the area of dealing with people because I feel frustrated. The few men that are coming my way are either too old (in their 60s) or too young for me (in their early 30s). I am tired of being single and don’t know what to do. I envy divorcees who have tasted marriage and wonder give me a husband because I really wish to settle down.
Sophie

Hello Sophie,
Don’t bother about it so that it won’t tell on your body. The more a lady is worried about getting married, the more she looks old and haggard.
 Always give yourself a nice treat and appear smartly and beautifully dressed at all times so that people won’t gossip t that you are frustrated due to lack of husband.
I attended a wedding in first week of June and the lady was much older than her husband. Tongues wagged, heads shook but the truth is that they are happily married and living together. 
What matters is compatibility. Accept one of the men coming to you if you feel you are compatible. There is a saying that “Anytime someone wakes up is his or her morning.” The most important thing in life is to live a healthy life and other things will fall in place.
Be happy at all times and try to be friendly to anyone that comes your way. You will be surprised to see the number eligible suitors that will beg you to marry them.
 -------------------------
I doubt her love
Dear Ada,
I am from Delta State. I am in a new relationship with a young beautiful lady in her early 20s. I love her so much that I hardly bear her absence but, I doubt if the girl really loves me like I love her because she is not free with me and does not allow me to have sex with her, though she is very kind and respectful to me. She often gives me money, sends me recharge cards and brings food to me.
Besides, she sleeps with me almost every night without me inviting her but, always begs me each night she comes not to ask her for sex. I feel I am being a fool agreeing with her.
 I mean to propose to her only if she can prove a bit of this aspect, which is allowing me to make love her to her anytime I want it. Though, I cannot stand the chance of losing her. I am confused and need your advice.
Ernest

Hello Ernest,
The love two of you have for each other is the type I call ‘Jankara love.’  She gives you money, sends you recharge cards, gives you food and also comes to your house to sleep, without invitation and asks you not to touch her. Why did she come if she does not want you to touch her?
What do you give to her? Sex! On top of all the sacrifices she is making, you still doubt her love. My dear, marry her if you cannot control the urge to have sex and stop doubting her love for you. She won’t do all the things you mentioned if she does not love you so, stop dilly-dallying, propose to her, pay her dowry and have her to yourself.
 --------------------------
I don’t understand him anymore
Dear Ada,
I am very happy to discuss this with you. I am a lady of 25 years old, single. I have been jilted by three guys but, last year, I met a guy, a colleague’s boyfriend. They dated for five years but didn’t have a happy relationship.
My fcolleague told me that she’s no more interested in him, that makes me to come into the matter, but what later happened was a long story which we can’t explain ourselves. We are now together for a year in a sweet relationship but, now I don’t understand him anymore. I am confused, that is why I want you to advice me.
Ty

Hello Ty,
Personally, I abhor dating a guy that has dated one’s friend or one’s colleague because there is a tendency that he might use and dump you. That is does not mean that I have not witnessed a relationship in which a guy dated and dumped a lady and later married her girlfriend or colleague.
Even if you knew why he parted ways with your colleague and felt you can handle the situation, you supposed to predict the future to know whether the relationship would work out before you embarked on it.
Sometimes, guys see red lights a lady flashed at them and fall for it just for fun My candid advice for you is to look for another guy and forget about him..

 --------------------------


Love quotes
A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love. ~ Max Muller

Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. ~ Aristotle

Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye. ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.


Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives. ~  C. S. Lewis

A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea. ~ Honore de Balzac 


No comments: