Monday 6 January 2014

Heart-to-Heart With ADA DIKE



My husband is a flirt
Advisor: ADA DIKE
Dear Caring Heart,
I and my husband have been married for three years but yet to have an issue. We were living in Kaduna before the bank he works for transferred him to Lagos.
A year after we have been living in Lagos, he came back from work one evening and told me that he has been transferred back to Kaduna. He sent me there to arrange a new apartment we rented.
I have been living alone in Kaduna for five months. The news I am hearing from Lagos is that there is a lady living with him in our apartment.
Should I divorce him?
Happiness

Dear Happiness,
Divorcing him will not solve the problem. This is a trying moment for you so be prayerful because any action you take may be disastrous.
Since he knew he was not moving out of Lagos immediately he shouldn’t have sent you there.
Call him on phone and tell him that you want to come back to Lagos since he feels reluctant to move back to Kaduna. Don’t wait till you hear that has married to another lady, go back to Lagos and see what he is doing.

Should I marry my late sister’s husband?
She was the first daughter in a family of six-two males and four females. She got married three years ago. Her first child came two years ago after a protracted labour which lasted for more than twenty four hours. She took in last year and died in the cause of delivering her second child. Our cries and tears could not bring her back.
Shortly after her burial, my parents asked me to go to my late sister’s matrimonial home and take care of the two children she left behind.
Each time my parents call me to ask about how we are doing, they always advise me to make myself available for my brother in-law to impregnate me since he is rich to enable them continue a long-lasting relationship with him. Moreover, my parents said they don’t want another woman to come in and maltreat my nephews.
Recently, I am beginning to have interest in my brother in-law though I am shy to make my interest known to him since he has never made any romantic move towards me.
 Recently, I cracked a dirty joke and he laughed hilariously. Furthermore, I am beginning to dress skimpily to arouse him but something within me is telling me to forget about my parents’ advice and look for my own husband. Should I marry him? I hate to discuss this story but it has been bothering my mind.
This issue became the most challenging one I have ever come across in life. For me, taking over her marriage is what I don’t know how to go about.
Gloria

You did not tell me whether you are the second daughter for you to marry your sister’s wife. You will not be the first person that has done that because many cultures permit it.
There is a couple near where I live. The man’s late wife died after a brief illness. His family and that of his late wife decided to continue their relationship by giving him his late wife’s younger sister to marry. The deceased had two male children before she died. Presently, the late woman’s sister has three male children for her brother in-law, making five boys and they are living happily.
On the other hand, there is a movie about a lady whose sister died. She lured her brother in-law to bed while she was taking care of the deceased sister’s only child. Later on, her brother in-law impregnated and married her. She maltreated her niece whom she turned to house-help. Her late sister in anger spiritually attacked her and she became insane and ran away from that house.
Don’t mortgage your life on the altar of emotion or wealth. Shy away from such a decision because you don’t know whether he will love you the way he loved your sister.


My husband is a brute
Our meeting was what people call, regard as ‘love at first sight.’ We met at a seminar in Port Harcourt and got married after six months of dating and courtship.
My problem is that he gets annoyed over little issues and beats me often without any cause.
Most times, he does not care whether there is a visitor in our house or not but keeps slapping me over every provocation. I would have moved out of the house if I do not have any child for him because I am afraid that he might one day kill me in anger.
My joy is that I did not beg him to marry me so I don’t know what has come over him for the past three years of living together.
 What shall I do?
Amarachi

Dialogue is the best medicine. Wife battering is a primitive form of correcting a woman.
Tell him to stop beating you over every little thing. If he continues that way, report him to your pastor or his friends or his family members and see if they can talk to him.
There is a common saying that marriage is for better for worse. This aspect you are facing is not really the worse aspect but the challenging part. Carry your cross and decide whether or not to continue to live with him.
If you were living abroad, he dare not touch you because he will be arrested and detained as soon as he touches you, but our society is different.

He abandoned me and married another lady
Dear caring heart,
I have been dating a guy living near my street for the past two years and he promised to marry me as soon he gets an accommodation.
One day, he invited me to a dinner where he told me that he loves and would marry me.
I am heart-broken now because he did not tell me that he is getting married. I heard it from someone else.
Should I attend his wedding? He still calls to assure me that he loves me. He also said that he is getting married to make the other lady that she has everything now.
Please advise me on what to do.
Chichi

He is deceiving you by saying that he still loves you because he would have got married to you if he does. You know your street is not far from where he lives, stop seeing him because his wife may suspect you of dating her husband if he gets winds of it. Tell him to concentrate on the one he chose to marry to enable you plan your future.
If I were you, I will not attend his wedding since he did not invite you.
Don’t listen to his sugar-coated words because as soon as they are declared as husband and wife, the other lady owns him and all that he has.

No comments: