Wednesday 12 August 2015

REGINALD EBERE WISHES QUEEN NWOKOYE HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND SHARES HOW HE MET HER


"Dateline TRACY HOTEL AWKA 2003.
I was in Awka in preparation for a movie shoot. I had just finished conducting an audition and had cast Chinelo Ndigwe in the female lead role. I headed back to my hotel room and was about to settle down fro the night when a timid knock went off on my door. I opened the door and a rather beautiful young girl stood at my door. She had tears in her eyes. I looked at her and asked her who she was and what the problem was. She mumbled something inaudible. I told her to repeat what she had just told me. "I want to act" She said. She looked so lost and so desperately in need of help that i asked her to come in and sit down. I gave her a script to read and i was so impressed with her amatuerish fervor that i called Chinelo up and gave her another role. That was Queen Nwokoye's inauspicious beginnings in the movie industry. She stepped in and the rest, like they say, is history. I have watched this young woman grow in leaps and bounds and she has become one of the leading lights of Nollywood. She is one of my success stories and i am very proud of her. Today is QUEEN NWOKOYE'S birthday and I will love to wish my fan, one of my greatest champions, my friend, confidant, one of the happiest souls i know, a thorough professional and a very good girl A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I love you endlessly. May God continue to bless and increase you.
now forget the sad faces here. we were only rehearsing a scene"

No comments: