Monday 31 August 2015

We hope to be the best in Nigerian music scene - CEO of Playtime Studios



Bartholomew Azubuike Okeke



Speaking with ADA DIKE, the Chief Executive Office of Playtime Studios, the newest music outfit in the country,
Bartholomew Azubuike Okeke, discloses his reasons for opening his ultra modern music studio based in Festac, Lagos. He also tells us why he is seriously aiming for the stars.

 Who is the CEO of Playtime Studios?
My name is Bartholomew Azubuike Okeke. I am the owner of Playtime Studios in Festac Town, Lagos. By the grace of God we are doing well so far.

Can you tell us what motivated you to go to into music studio business?
 Music has been part of my life for a long time. I grew up in a family that loves music and I have also been in the Nigerian music scene in the last 20 years doing behind the scenes promotions for a couple of people.


What are the things you have been doing within the music scene in the last 20 years?
 Well, I have been helping out artistes in the area of music promotions, pushing their careers to the next level, while still doing my other business which gives me the financial muscle to operate within the entertainment scene.
So it finally got to me that if I can do all these for artistes why not go into music on my own in the area of owning a music studio or set up a record label which would become a rallying point for artistes in Lagos and beyond, so this led me to opening Playtime Music Studio. Before
 the end of first quarter of 2016, my record Label will be formally launched in Lagos.

 So what do you hope to achieve with your new outfit?

My main aim is to keep my love for music going and also become a famous name within the Nigerian music scene, having artistes whose songs and album will be on the lips of many in this country and the African continent and even maybe the world at large.

Tell us your dream for Playtime Studios say in five years time from now?

I believe when that time comes my studio alongside with the record label will become one of the flag bearers of good music in Nigeria and the world at large having artistes who record world class music in it. Also, achievements will become a feat worthy of emulation by other labels in Africa.

Do you have any artistes insight you will like to sign
 onto your would be record label?


Yes, but for now we would rather keep it close to our chest so as not to spoil the surprise we are preparing for the Nigerian music Industry


No comments: