Monday 12 January 2015

A STATEMENT BY MR. FRANK NWEKE II


A STATEMENT BY MR. FRANK NWEKE II
8th JANUARY 2015.
My fellow compatriots,
The last few weeks post the PDP Senatorial primaries in the Enugu East senatorial zone of the state have indeed been interesting. My attention is particularly drawn to the fact that the PDP, seeks to present a list of the SUPPOSEDLY successful candidates, as representatives of the party for the various elective positions at the general elections. By virtue of the fact that MY NAME SEEMS TO BE EXCLUDED from this list, I am seeking LEGAL REDRESS to uphold my victory at the primaries. It is my intention to pursue this legal action to the full extent of the law.
I feel honoured by the overtures from other political parties who place a premium on my candidacy, but must forego these invitations at this time on grounds of principle and honour. It is also my firm belief that running away from this or any problem is an exercise in futility. Whilst I have the highest regards for the other political parties who have extended invitations, I do not believe that “party hopping” is an option or conclusive resolution. Dedicated party members must persevere to move their political parties forward, and help to deepen INTERNAL DEMOCRACY and respect for the rules of the political parties to which they belong as well as the laws of our land.
It is my intention to pursue and address my grievances with the PDP, irrespective of the outcome. I will remain a member of the Peoples’ Democratic Party, until such a time that I am convinced that the party no longer has the capacity to deliver development and progress for our nation.
PDP can and will only learn from its mistakes in its quest to move the nation forward.
Back to the matter at hand as aforementioned, I believe in the independence of the judiciary. My faith in this independent arm of government was strengthened by the decision taken in a COURT RULING in November 2014, where Justice A.F.A Ademola of the FEDERAL HIGH COURT upheld the results at the ward congress, and declared that the lawful delegates were as selected at the ward congress on the 1st of November 2014. These delegates voted at the Senatorial primaries, which held on the 7th day of December 2014. I emerged winner, with the highest number of votes.This was recorded in the result sheet as prescribed by INEC.
I look forward to the deliberations in court, and to a wise and informed judgment. Civilized societies and peoples the world over, who have made progress have never chosen what time of the day or year or circumstances during which they may obey laws established for institutions or for their societies.
PDP WILL NOT BE DIFFERENT; NEITHER CAN NIGERIA AFFORD TO BE DIFFERENT!
In the words of the late President John F. Kennedy, former president of the United States of America - “IF NOT US WHO, IF NOT NOW, WHEN?”.
All well-meaning citizens who love our country must find the moral courage to persevere in the pursuit of justice.
I HAVE TAKEN A STAND!
When I embarked on my senatorial race, my vision was clear:
• Strategic engagement of our electorate
• The quality of our candidacy
• Transparent campaign fund raising
• Our communication
• A determination to be accountable to both my constituents and the Nigerian people at large
• Devotion of my best efforts to matters of health, education and well being of children, the youth and our women, towards a sustainable future for our country
Nothing has changed, and I invite you even now -
“LET’S CHANGE THE GAME!”
Frank Nweke II
Abuja, Nigeria 2015

No comments: